Electric vehicle, solar farm with battery, manufacturer industries
- Preparation for large scale decentralized flexibility provision
- Validate Blockchain technology in flexibility markets
- Prequalification Electra as demand aggregator
ElectraFlex is the first decentralized flexibility platform tailored for the specific needs of a DSO. The use of blockchain technology assures encrypted communications among all the market participants.
The energy system must undergo profound change to allow renewable integration and the mass electrification of heat and transport. Distribution System Operators (DSOs) and energy retailers play a crucial role in the transition towards a decarbonized electricity system. DSOs and retailers look for new ways to digitalize and manage their assets to solve local congestions and participate in balancing markets using demand side flexibility.
ElectraFlex is the first decentralized flexibility platform tailored for the specific needs of a distribution system operator (DSO). The platform will use the Energy Web DOS technology stack to assign digital decentralized identities (DID) to the connected assets and flexibility market participants.
The integration between Bamboo and Energyweb assures encrypted communications using blockchain technology and allows flexible assets to self-register in the Bamboo platform in order to participate in flexibility markets.
1. Bamboo and ElectraCaldense has started the prequalification process with the Spanish System Operator to position Electra as one of the first demand aggregators in Spain.
2. The integration between Bamboo and EnergyWeb Foundation has built experience in preparation for larger scale deployments of decentralized flexibility provision.
3. The project has also helped to understand requirements for demand side flexibility providers and better define innovative business models and regulations.